The Dog Days of Dieting

A blog about me and my journey towards getting healthier in both mind and body, spirit and soul. The highs, the lows and everything else that is meant to be.

Disclaimer

All photos that appear on this blog are courtesy of Google or Bing or my own.

Monday, January 25, 2010

To Write or not to Write that is the question




Well plain and simple I need to get back onto the diet/healthy living train once again.  It's been a dismal 3 weeks.  Haven't eaten properly at all.  Haven't journaled.  Not much exercise.  Nothing.  And of course if I don't do anything then nothing will get accomplished.  I truly suck at the journalling part.  Takes a great effort to write my little story.  It does keep you accountable.  It does make you go uggg why did I really eat that?  It does make you have to pause and truly think about what you are eating and why you are eating it along with all the emotions that go along with it.  So why am I not journalling?  Plain and simple because I actually have to face what I am doing to my body.  Good bad or ugly I have to look at it and admit that my bad habits are still consuming me and they need to go away.  It's like looking  in the perverbial mirror saying why are you choosing to kill yourself in the end?  So once again I shall continue to write in my journal and keep going with my story.  Analyzing why I eat what I did and more on the emotions of doing so.  I do have lots of terriffic help along the way so there really is no excuses.  Besides the sooner I get going the sooner this weight will come off and the better I will feel and who wouldn't really want that?

1 comment:

  1. Love that puppy photo! You have been very honest in your post. I hope you have had a successful year in your weight-loss program. I lost about 12 pounds in the first couple of months this year, but losing isn't the be all and end all - it's keeping it off afterward. That's the real challenge. Here's to your healthy, happy, lighter October.

    ReplyDelete